Sunday, March 21

Life Below the Mason Dixon ... Mason Love

Although their name has nothing to do with the famous line that once separated the North from the Great South in the 1770s, Mason (or Ball) jars, have been around since nearly as long. These jars have gone from their primary use of home canning (which, hello! All Southerns love to can their own veggies or pickle some peaches) to decor in weddings, homes, floral shows and even en mass for a visual impact. HARRISCLARKBLOG.COM I personally have been obsessed with collecting Mason Jars (blue ones) since my freshman year in college, when I had a tropical motif to my dorm room. I still have the first jar I bought, filled with shells from every beach I ever have visited. More recently, the Mister drilled a small hole in the bottom of one of my pint sized clear Mason jars so that I would be able to use it as a planter! The adorable wooden divided crate was a steal at a local antique street fair for $5. I have a few terra cotta pots + ball jars mixed in as planters. My dream wedding has always incorporated Mason Jars (j'adore the bleu ones!) either as center pieces or beverage holders. I love this shot from ThriftyFun blogger, using jute to wrap the bottom of the jar + adding some green Depression Glass plates (another fav!) I think it's of utmost importance to personalize your wedding day, and Mason jars are so me! Take a look at the photo-frame jars from Papery+Cakery blog. I would not have ever thought to do this :)
~~~~~~~~~~~> I'm dreaming up ideas of how to re-vamp this GIANT ball jar from Momma. She got it from a craft fair + it was rather primitive country. I love the little night light + have been using it in all it's country-fied glory in my kitchen for nighttime lighting. Any ideas on what to fill it with?? My kitchen is blue & yellow French country style... suggestions needed :)
theweedpatchstore.com
One of the most posh retro stores I know is Anthropologie. If you've not yet had the experience, you must find one near you, or on your next vacation. It's one of those stores I can muse through without a dime in my pocket, go home and put all that inspiration to good use! Although not everything is super pricey, everything IS super chic & adorable!!!! Check out their amazing display of mason jar lighting from a while back ... That's about all I have for now, hope that you find some inspiration from this post + if nothing else, at least some nice photos to look at :) Love + K's ~ B

No comments:

Post a Comment