Sunday, May 23

Rustique Mystique

I've yet to pinpoint exactly what it is about rusted, chippy pieces of nearly anything that are so charming to me. All I do know, is I'm certainly not alone in finding the charm of such old, abandoned, well-worn, left-out-to-dry pieces of life. Perhaps it was my Southern upbringing, loving the old and familiar (although, I don't remember having much rust around my house as a child!!), receiving something that has been passed down from generation to generation and that seeing just how time has loved on it.

Often times I think back to all the "rustic scenery" that I've passed along rural highways, be it in Georgia, Alabama, good ol' Tallahassee + it's outskirts, or throughout the Carolinas and the Big Easy & I wish now I had taken photos or been able to really convince my traveling partner to pull off the road & go root through some ol' abandoned place. I mean really, where else can you find *awesome* chippy wood doors with nice rusty windows!? I'm going to stop the next time I see that "scene" ... what's the worst that can happen?!

So, for the love of all things weather-worn, rusted and still completely chic in today's decor, I have to share a few of my favorite pieces!


                                           Odds & Ends

 



Miscellaneous Pieces of Home 
 












 Seriously, this door is just amazing! Nestle it back in a corner & maybe hang some photos from it with ribbon and nails... a bit primitive but still so chic!



                                                       
                                    


                                      Garden Architecture

1 comment:

  1. The gates remind me of something we're renting for Lu's wedding......guess you come by the "rusty" thing honest!!!!

    ReplyDelete