Saturday, May 7

A Mother's Love

Happy Mother's Day Weekend Y'all!


I'm not a mom {yet} but I am so thankful for all of the beautiful women in my life who are mothers to those I love so much! I am blessed to have two wonderful grandmothers, a mother of my own, and Ry's sweet mother!


momma+me: day 2
This year, more than any year before, I have realized just how much work and self-sacrifice goes into being a mother. Perhaps my job with the Terror {Lil'One} has brought me that much closer to appreciating all my own mother has done for me, while putting her own needs and desires on the shelf for a while. Or perhaps, it is my maturity, at nearly 26, to know that one day, my life will not be solely about what I want to do, but instead to care for my own family.

Either way, I am so incredibly blessed that God chose my momma to bring me here, raise me, keep me fed and in clean underwear, that taught me manners and etiquette, how to be true to myself, how to be a reliable friend, a Christian example, who showed me strength when it would have been easier to give up, and most of all, who showed me what unconditional love is.

momma+me: day 7,840 {approx}
I think being a Mother is a frightening thing for those of us yet to experience it, but I can rest knowing that my momma didn't have a Ph.D in child psychology or all the books in the world on "how-to raise a kid" but she did it through love, discipline {thank you} & a self-less manner. She is my best friend & I am so thankful for her!

Thank You Momma!!!!

xoxo
your beetle

No comments:

Post a Comment