Thursday, March 3

I'm Full Of It Tonight!

Happy Thursday Ya'll!

This is a loaded post ... beware!

I am so tickled that it's nearly the weekend since I've worked nearly 50 hours with Lil'One this week. Boy, am I so not ready for motherhood anytime soon! Phew!! ((Thankfully, not an option at this point either))

Well, earlier this week I stopped in JoAnns' for a quick browse of fabric and spray paint ((you know me, don't love it? spray it!)) and came out with a bit more than I bargained for. Thankfully, I was able to find a great color paint called "Prairie Grass" and some adorable "prairie grass" green & white damask cotton fabric to re-cover the dining room chairs. We're going green, white and some accents of black in the kitchen / dining room down the road, so I am getting started now.


My cute chairs, that were re-covered about a year ago ... from my deal on an end-of-the-bolt fabric from Calico Corners, just didn't "speak" to me anymore. And my chairs need another coat of paint, so before I got attached and screwed the chair seats back into the chairs, I recovered and added 2 layers of polyfill batting to cushion our tushies! Prince Ryan ((as Lil'One lovingly calls him)) likes the damask fabric and my choice of green... thankfully!

The next project was the hand-me-down mixer from my sweet friend MegLegs ... she was so sweet to pass it on when she got a brand spankin' new one for their wedding. It came with a gorgeous tea towel, cute cuppie wrappers and she painted it a fun turquoise! It's now much more subdued to match the rest of the decor / upcoming decor. I must say, I'm proud of my taping skills and I'm loving the color. 

Sometime this weekend, the awesome vintage blender from the 70s ((Osterizer, hand me down in avocado green from Mama B)) will be getting a facelift with "Prairie Grass" too! I'm sort of OCD about having appliances out on my countertops, so at least if I make them all match, I might be able to live with it!! :) 



Tonight, I said "Farewell" to a sweet vintage French style hutch that I bought when I first moved to the west coast after college. It came from the Racetrack Road Flea Market and only cost me $100 - this was my first "haggle" experience too! I vividly remember calling my Momma & asking her "How do I get him to lower the price??" .. thankfully the sweet older gentleman took me up on my first offer, and took $50 off! Whoo-hoo!
Today I turned around and sold it for $250. Not bad :) I've got my eye on a sweet little white shabby buffet from a cottage shop on the beaches, but I think I'll wait until Prince Ryan, his sweet Ma and mine are in town next weekend and we'll all go check out the little stores. Or maybe I'll be super impatient and drag him there this weekend :)

As far as "Side Work" goes, I am finally getting in some work on a gorgeous wedding event coming up in June. It's a wedding of a good friend that I grew up in church with who has an amazing vintage / ethereal style. She'll be a gorgeous bride, as she's gorgeous everyday! We'll be heading out to check out her venue sometime in the next few weeks. Until then, I'm collecting ideas, sketching layouts, and dreaming up some lovely ways to trade a "cake table" for a "vintage ice cream parlor" themed dessert table.



As promised, here are a few photos of the sweet birdie treats that C & I made for Valentine's Day. Simply mix gelatin, birdseed, and some cornsyrup together, pour (or rather, mold) into Reynold's tinfoil heart pans.
We allowed them to dry for about 6 hours and poked holes in them to string with ribbon or raffia.

"Love is for the Birds" ... birdseed tree ornaments ... now, y'all that know me know for dern'sure I am petrified of birds, so I never hung these outside but they sure are cute! I'll be attaching them to my Mothers Day packages for those lovely momma's in my life!









   And now that everyone has gotten their card, here are the little handmade cards I made for a few special people!















Well, ya'll have a beautiful weekend. Do something you love. And be with  the ones you love.
I'm off to make chocolate covered strawberries ((which are divine right now!!)) with my Prince! 

XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment