Sunday, March 27

MiA : Missing Because I'm in Action!

Well well, the weekend has arrived and it's probably been 2 shameful weeks since I've blogged.
In all honesty, I've thought about blogging a lot recently & just haven't had the moment to sit, meditate, and show off anything creative that I've done lately.
But I did complete 2 projects last week while the Love of My Life was out of town, and I created an inspiration board ( and since have been working on creating those inspirations for the real-deal) ... I've just been waiting to give a big blog post on how awesomely creative I've been ;) ...kidding. But really, I had to wait til I had something worthy to post about!!


I mentioned in my last post that I had some upcoming events that I was working on, adding to the portfolio that will one day be part of my own business ... 2 weeks from now is my friend Cara's shower and how stinking excited am I that she's having a girl!?! She'll be the most precious thing ever :) And her shower will be pretty darn precious too! Here's the inspiration board  I created for it:

Babies In Bloom

We'll have to call it "Babies In Bloom" - springtime, babies being born, lots of cute baby animals to incorporate, as well as the Mommy's favorite springtime flower - the tulip! I'm working up a sweet bunting banner from burlap and a few dozen cookies cut into baby chicks and flowers. Sadly I won't be there for the event, but I'll certainly be doing set-up! :) Can't wait to see photos from the shower! 

Next up, a score (ie: cheap) project at JoAnn's: 
clay pots for kitchen herbs @ 99 cent clay pots
I bought 5 of them, each with a 40% off coupon
(Thank You "coupon extravaganza")
$6 can of "Prairie Grass" spray paint (40% off + got double use out of spraying the KitchenAid mixer and now my pots)
$2 worth of Burpee seeds
$6 worth of potting soil
$8 for vinyl chalkboard stickers at Etsy courtesy of TLG Crafts {link up}

So, that's about $20 for my cute little window-sill of light green pots; growing lavendar, cilantro, oregano, and basil. Going to have to find some other kitchen herbs to grow in the last one! My little ones are finally sprouting & I can't wait to try them in our dinners.

And then it was time to bring some spring to my doorstep ~ a quick stop at a local garden store found my shopping buggy with 5 petunia's, some coleus, and some tiny blossoming pink bush. Anywho, tossed it all in a container for a bit of color at my front door :) And they remind me everytime I am coming or going, that they might need watering :) ((I am no green thumb))

Well I hope ya'll have enjoyed your weekend ... we spent a great Saturday with 4 fabulous friends, kayaking through some marshland and islands just north of here. The breeze is still divinely cool and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. If I may say so, I think Mr. Ryan was rather impressed with my paddling skills :) and I didn't complain a bit!! *miracle* 
{Oversized Pink Hat: Yours Truly+Beau}


It's been really busy today, after church, I spent hours in my Cath Kidston apron, jamming in the kitchen while baking + frosting baby shower cookies! Can't wait to show a sneak peak!

Love+Sweetness,

B


1 comment:

  1. You always have super cute ideas, Brittany! If you lived closer, we could totally hit up thrift stores and find awesome stuff! I need a partner! Ty likes to go, but it's so hard to bring the kids. We still have SO MUCH that we want to do to our house, and it's a long process, but so much fun! Btw, love that you sold your hutch for more than you bought it for!

    ReplyDelete