Saturday, April 9

March Madness - No basketball Necessary

Hey Ya'll!

I don't know where the time has gotten to these past few weeks. I know I've thought about blogging, I've talked about it, and I've snapped pictures for my blog ... but all remain unseen until now.

Oh wait-  I remember. Last weekend I was gone, home with my Love to celebrate his mother's birthday + visit with family. The week prior to the weekend, was filled with baking adventures and event design fun.
  • Yours truly made her very first carrot cake. It was divine {humbly}, frosted & for Ma D's b'day
  • Yours truly also made about 2 dozen sugar-butter cookies from scratch {no other way}, cut into shapes of flowers, ducks and chicks for a baby shower for C. Hand piped and royal frosted.
  • Yours truly crafted for hours {thank you Momma} on C's baby shower goodies.  

That left me all but brain dead by the time Friday rolled around. Then we packed it up in the truck and headed home for family time.

So, that's where I've been. It's a tad scary when I have to recount my last steps to know why the heck I've been so busy :) I did have such fun with the cookies that I think I may try my hand at selling them on an order-only basis through Etsy. $10 for 4 isn't bad, right?

C's Baby Shower Invite
Now, I know you're dying to see it, but I can't show pictures of the shower yet, although we staged quite a few, it's not until next Friday. Once the Mama-to-Be has seen her shower in reality ~ I'll share photos. Trust me, you'll want to check back.

Vintage Silverware
I mentioned a post or 2 ago that while Handsome Love was away on Spring Break {lucky} I antiqued my little rusty heart out. Came home with some awesome mix+match William Rogers silverware, dating back to the 1920s, and a 1929 Hoosier cabinet from Hoosier, Indiana. {Love the old furniture stamps}. Here's proof of the damage:





I'll Be Pretty One Day
Please rest assured that once Handsome Love is finished with his first year of law school {May 11 come quickly}, we will be tackling this lovely Hoosier cabinet. I've played around with 3-4 paint chip samples so far, all in a shade of mossy light green .. and we'll update the hardware, paint over that dreaded ugly Southwestern indian design, and facelift it :) I'm sure he's just as anxious as I am about getting done with school, solely for the purpose of not having to look at an ugly cabinet anymore! In the mean time, the picture displays that I did what I could to live with it, for the next few weeks! Any suggestions on painting the insides of the breadbox area? I'm thinking a "pop" color ?!





This weekend is going to be great, we are going on a bike ride tomorrow morning in chic+comfy San Marco. It's kind of become "Our" area. We took our Christmas card photos here, eaten many meals, become favorites at stores, etc etc. Then, we'll jump down to St. Augustine so that He can get his J.Crew fix & then it's off to dinner at Bistro Aix. I was feeling fancy, so I bought a little number in a bright coral silky fabric and can't wait to wear it out!

I'll check back with ya'll and post something on Sunday if time permits.

Love The One You're With.

xoxo
b

No comments:

Post a Comment