Thursday, April 21

101 Goals Until 2012

Well, I am certainly not your typical "resolution" maker ~ which is obvious by the title of this post!

But, I've recently been inspired by my love of Listography {making lists by category} and have decided to make it public, as a little teensie motivation for getting my list of goals accomplished. The growing list of "Projects To Accomplish" sitting on my desk is slowly getting crossed off. Then there are other goals, for business plans and such that will find their way on here.



So here we go - 101 Things To Achieve {hopefully by 2012}

  1. Refinish the legs of my dining room table {white} and table top {oak}
  2. Attend all of my LifeGroup meetings with girls from my wonderful church in our next book  {The Good & Beautiful Life}
  3. Pull all photos from college from my PC and onto CD's. Organize in some kind of small bin.
  4. Do some form of exercise 4 days a week. I did 5 days a week in college. I can certainly do 4.
  5. Start an Etsy store for crafts and cookies {made to order- custom}
  6. Collect 10 friends or family recipes and try them each. Add on handwritten cards to my recipe box.
  7. Fly to San Antonio to visit one of my best friends & her husband in their first home!! 
  8. Take a trip to Austin, Tx with Handsome Man for a concert of one of our favorite bands.
  9. Shop for produce each Saturday at Market Days
  10. Take my stepdad Larry out to lunch or breakfast + pick up the tab.
  11. Visit Nashville, Tennessee and find the best BBQ in the city
  12. Successfully grow + keep alive our kitchen herb garden {bad track record}
  13. Buy a gas grill with Handsome Man to enjoy outdoor meals on 
  14. Rebuild my iTunes library to define who I am today {and not in college, as it currently stands}
  15. Print all pictures of Handsome Man + I. Begin to scrapbook by our anniversary. 
  16. Attend another major PGA / USGA sanctioned golf tournament
  17. Volunteer at a children's hospital event
  18. Frame my FSU Diploma with Honors tassel
  19. Start watching Arrested Development again {from the start} with Handsome Man. Finish the series!
  20. Read another biography of a fabulous woman. {Last was "The Gospel According To Coco Chanel"} {how about Billie Holiday? Elanor Roosevelt? Katherine Hepburn?}
  21. Take the trip to Atlanta again with my grandma, my mom and aunt for Country Living Fair
  22. Bathe Izzy {pup} once a week. No more stinky pooches! 
  23. Take photos of my events with Ry's camera {learn new angles to shoot from}
  24. Stage events for my portfolio 
  25. Ask an amazing graphic designer to build me a website for my portfolio 
  26. Get out to the driving range + golf course with Handsome Man
  27. Buy nightstands that we can DIY 
  28. Have a fondue date night -in with Ry {my fondue > Melting Pot}
  29. Design 5 events for my soon-to-be business
  30. Get a job working in events {preferably and a non-profit}
  31. Spend a weekend with my little sister - somewhere out of town from where we both live
  32. Read 10 new books. {suggestions?? please!!}
  33. Create 4 of my own cupcake recipes
  34. Collect ALL relatives + friends current addresses and birthdays. Keep in Excel. Update each year!
  35. Pay for someone behind me in a drive thru
  36. Attempt to surf with Ry
  37. Attend FSU Homecoming weekend
  38. Print out Vintage Graphics from {Graphics Fairy} + iron-on transfer them to make pillows
  39. Start a new collection of antiques {ball jars, antique silver, cake stands, christmas ornaments: Done!}
  40. Actually list / sell all the items on my "To Craigslist" list. Bank the money for future vacation
  41. Save money to re-upholster the lovely Pottery Barn couch {hello, PB, please make slipcovers for the seagrass couch}
  42. Take Handsome Man to Tallahassee for a tour of FSU and "my" Tally
  43. Go with Handsome Man to Gainesville for "His" G'ville tour
  44. White water raft the Ocoee River
  45. Get my carry-on bag monogrammed {meant to do that when I got it @ Christmas '10}
  46. Try one new recipe a week
  47. DIY paint, re-finish, re-hardware my 1930s Hoosier cabinet / dining hutch
  48. Make copies of photos of great-grandparents, grandparents / old family I may not have known, and put them in an album {digitize too}
  49. Ask my grandparents to write / speak a memoir for me. 
  50. Purchase 80% of my Christmas + Birthday gifts from local stores and Etsy
  51. Stage photos for blog posts
  52. Send more handwritten notes "just because"
  53. Pick a business name. 
  54. Design a logo + tagline
  55. Get business cards made. 
  56. Choose 10 local stores to place business cards in. Keep track + refill! 
  57. Track business from card placement.
  58. Take recipe box + turn it into a binder with plastic covers for cards{organize!}
  59. Finish sewing Gators stocking for Ry before December 1st
  60. Attend a non-profit formal event with Handsome Man
  61. Build an apron rack for the kitchen
  62. Devise an organizational system {ikea? container store?} for laundry + cleaning supplies
  63. Go on a Girls Vacay with my bests again. 
  64. See a Broadway show {I'll settle for a good one in town}
  65. Have a Mother/Daughter trip to Charleston, SC
  66. Spend a day boogie-boarding with my Daddy, like old times!
  67. Re-upholster arm chair in my bedroom. Maybe re paint too? :)
  68. Host 2 themed dinner parties with our friends 
  69. Get more involved as a couple in our church
  70. Visit an art museum in our city
  71. Complete our "Ry+b's Adventure List" 
  72. Take ballroom or swing dance lessons with Ry
  73. Use coupons more often with groceries
  74. Find a new game we love {for now it's Yahtzee + Boggle, primarily}
  75. Host another FSU-UF football party {staging photos!!}
  76. Actually practice and RUN a 5K with Ry
  77. Grow my savings account more + not touch except for emergencies
  78. For every goal I accomplish, put $10 in my savings account $ !
  79. Practice frosting techniques on cakes + cookies
  80. Take a Wilton cake class at JoAnns
  81. DIY the "lawyers" bookcase ... {fun paint color?}
  82. Complete small projects in my "DIY" computer folder + blog about them!
  83. Order a box-pleat bedskirt {boring. I know. but I'm just about tired of seeing my bed's "feet"}
  84. Day-trip with friends to springs and camping
  85. Make a tiramisu {Ry's favorite that I should learn to make}
  86. Enjoy summer evenings at the Suns ballpark for a game with fireworks
  87. Network with other event designers through their blogs
  88. Find 3 new restaurants we love that are local
  89. TBD
  90. TBD - 101.
So, I ran out of ideas. Maybe my last few should be to make another "101 list" before I finish this one!? And how about documenting each goal / project with the camera ... that would be a whole different list!

All for now ya'll. I am very thankful for having a reason to celebrate this Easter weekend! We serve a Risen Savior!! Easter Blessings to you! 

xoxo
b

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww! How awesome :) We have some "to-do's" in common by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. which ones do we have in common? lol
    you can be my reminder to finish these !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, what a list! You go girl! :) You've inspired me to make my own list. There are so many thing that I want (or need) to do and accomplish, and it can be overwhelming if it's not written down neatly, where you can "see" it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, in all honesty, I made this list and it was more of a compilation of my "To Do" lists, and random thoughts that run through my brain, but I have done QUITE a few of them in the past few days since I blogged about it! Sometimes it just helps to have it out in front of you but without a "deadline" :) BTW loved your nightstand re-do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visit Terry in DC with Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete