Thursday, April 28

Oh Beautiful Friday

Hey Y'all!

I am so very glad I have survived this week to see another Friday. Now, I hate to whine but here's my week in a short summary:

On Monday, I stepped on a 4ft long black garden racer snake.
On Tuesday, I was hit by Lil One and had to spend the whole day with her afterwards{that I nanny for}.
On Wednesday, I received the fabulous news of an interview opportunity for a job I'm pining over {events!}
On Thursday, Lil One hit me again. This time with a golf club {plastic, but to my face}. Soap in mouth+time-out.
Oh Friday, bring me something wonderful!!!

I really am praying about this upcoming interview. I've been in contact with the position's manager, it is a non-profit foundation where I would be focusing solely on large donors, fund raising, and event planning. Heavenly, is what I call it. After the week with Lil One, I'm anxious to get a new job!!! Thank you for those of ya'll who are already praying for me!

Tonight has been relatively quiet, I grabbed dinner in the rain from Chipotle {cannot live without!} and came home to begin transforming my dining area for our Cinco de Mayo party next week. It's so very calming and fun to me, to drag out all sorts of party props, throw on some music, and go to town! I'm very blessed to have wonderful friends who live here that will be coming over for a fun evening.

While in the midst of my productivity, I have watched {rather, listened} to Julie+Julia and also Breakfast at Tiffanys {have you ever noticed that her couch is made from an old footed bathtub? how green of her!}

I also worked on some cute tissue paper crafts from Martha Stewart's Cinco de Mayo article. Most of the time, I get in the middle of one of "Martha's Grand Idea's" and I begin to curse her stupid creativity. But, tissue paper art is simple enough for me! Can't wait to showcase the real-deal from our party next week.


What do your weekend plans entail? I hope to finish up the decor for our party, add my newest bedskirt to the bed {that was another item on the "101 Things To Accomplish By 2012"}. I scored a fabulous tailored white skirt at Tarjet {love} for $11 on the ENDCAP! Handsome Man would be so proud, he is an avid believer in all wonderful things are on the endcaps ... we shop those first :) Did I make you proud? If I'm feeling overly ambitious, I hope to paint the rest of my dining table and sand the oak table-top to re-stain. But, this probably won't happen considering I have my dining room all set for the party!

Before I go, I must say I'm happily surprised to have another reader :) thanks for your comment and following along!
Also y'all, one more thing ~ if you have any book suggestions, please pass them along to me {let's cross another item off the list. 10 new books by 2012}

xoxo
b

No comments:

Post a Comment