Monday, April 25

Spring / Summer Overhaul

Happy Monday Ya'll ~

I certainly wasn't ready for today after having a beautiful Good Friday off, as well as Saturday + Easter, but I suppose we must all go back to reality sometime!

Ry+I had a lovely weekend, we saw "Water For Elephants" on Friday with our good friends + went to dinner. Saturday was "Moi Time" while he spent the day at the library. Then Easter Sunday was church, early to the beach, lunch at amazing Cruisers {so bad for us, but we had to mark it off the "Ry+little b's Adventure List" which I made in September before I moved here}. After the beach we just enjoyed the day, were a bit lazy and did a lot of laundry and steaming. By the way, Ry figured out that he has a passion for removing stains {thankfully not from my chapstick} in our laundry. Baking soda, scrub with toothbrush, and wash again. Voila! He was so excited. I was equally as excited to be using the FUN  steamer to perfectly de-wrinkle the duvet and sheets! Okay, now that we admitted our lame Sunday evening chores ;) I must divulge on my "Fun" projects from Saturday.

We all know that when left to my own devices I can accomplish a lot or a little...depends on the day! :) Well, Saturday came and I'm still excited + inspired from my "101 Things to Accomplish Before 2012". Which, by the way, I have accomplished a lot just from having put those thoughts to 'paper' / blog.






So, I decided from the beginning of the day that my spring / Easter stuff needed to be put away. But I don't have "summer" specific decor, so the mantle was my inspiration starting point ... no photo of the before but here is the after ... I moss'd up this cardboard {?} "D" from JoAnne's - mentioned a while back I scored with a 40% off coupon and Momma gave me leftover moss from little sisters wedding. Finally, finished a project I had been meaning to start since about .. February. Basically whole project was done for $5. Sweet!



Then I started playing around with different neutral pieces that I had around the house {and in closets, and storage bins, and random drawers} and came up with a very PotteryBarn inspired neutral "summer" mantle!
Lovin' my mercury glass, shells from every beach I've been on, antique carafe, vintage wood piece from a New Orleans porch, and misc. other items!




Well, the not -so- interesting project was then under my kitchen sink. I found 2 perfect bins in my car trunk + cleared out all the crap under my sink. Re-organized and I now open the cabinets and smile!!

Lets see, in the works is also a fabulous Cinco de Mayo party for next week! I spent quite a bit of time working on decor, but have lots more to go.

Hope ya'll had a blessed Easter with your loved ones + have a wonderful week to come!

xoxo
b

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog!! I'm a southerner in NYC, born and raised in TX but now call Manhattan home. Happy to have found your blog.

    Best, tamra

    ReplyDelete