Sunday, September 4

Farewell Summer !

 Hey Y'all ~

Labor Day is almost here, and that means kissing summer good bye!
It doesn't seem that long ago that the sunsets lasted til 9 p.m. When the beaches were packed with sunbathers, and I shopped only to seek air conditioning from one store to the next! I do love summer, though...  {http://sassafrassandsouthernness.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-lovin.html }

Fall is 19 days away, officially. The sun sets earlier now, the beaches, well - here in Florida they'll probably be packed for another month or so. And the heat - well, she can excuse herself any ol' time! Thanks to some tropical activity ... we've had a bit of a break from the 110% humidity and added cool breezes instead. Woo!

Now is the time to break out the grille, gather your friends for football watch parties and tailgates, look ahead to the fall decorations, and colored leaves on the ground. I saw my first leaf fall today and I almost squealed with joy. It was reddish yellow. Who cares if it was already those colors ;)

It's been a decent weekend thus far - FSU is 1-0 at the start of the season and  I can't complain much about that! And tomorrow is Labor Day and no work! {although, I know that will come to bite me on Friday when I'm at deadline for 1209324 more things for our upcoming fall fundraiser!}

Here are my
Top 25 Loves of Fall

  1. Changing Leaves
  2. Pumpkin Bread
  3. Bonfires / Fireplaces
  4. Decorating my house with fall stuffs
  5. Pumpkin patches
  6. Indian Corn
  7. Cool breezes
  8. Football season
  9. Crunchy leaves
  10. Halloween
  11. Camping trips
  12. Fall Flavors at Starbucks
  13. Shoe Sale Time at Nordstrom
  14. Mums
  15. Fall's Bumper Crops - sweet 'taters, apples, butternut squash
  16. Outdoor Festivals
  17. Trips to the mountains
  18. Thanksgiving
  19. Trick-or-Treating {okay, not  me recently}
  20. Christmas decorations come out
  21. Boots 
  22. Cranberry bread
  23. Corn Mazes
  24. Pumpkin Carving
  25. Christmas is the next holiday after fall!!
That's all I have for tonight - running low on creative thoughts and my usually bubbly personality has been flat lately :-\

xo
b

No comments:

Post a Comment