Wednesday, August 31

Bluegrass In My Soul

Hey Ya'll ~
 It's only Tuesday {well, Tuesday is almost over, one hour to go} ... then it's Wednesday. And the week is half done. {that sounds negative... I should say... And the 3-day weekend is halfway here} But foreal, y'all it has been one heck of a week already!
Salt Marsh Sunset

God's grace is so good and so sufficient for me. And no matter what the trial is that I'm facing - I find myself surrounded in His love and mercy, forgiving me for the mistakes I have made, and guiding me to the life He has for me. All because I choose to be obedient to what is put in my heart. 

My heart has taken a new direction, disappointingly, without the person I had seen being in my life forever. And although it's painful, I know that He works it all out for the best. Whatever His best is, it's not my time to know the plan. Lives change and people change, and sometimes the change you want isn't what the other has chosen, and therefore I chose a path of being alone, for now.

In an effort to continue being true to myself, I usually turn to music. I suppose it's the integral part that music has always played in my life, that brings such comfort to my soul.

Whether it's my Momma playing beautiful hymns on the piano, a powerful song that is sung with such fervor it gives you chills, or the most complex and yet simple combination of instruments - I find peace and comfort in music. It brings me home. And it reminds me of who I am.

Craggy Gardens in the Blue Ridge Mtns
I've always had a deep love in my soul for bluegrass ... I love the rawness of the fiddle, the harmonious blend of mens' voices, singing a truth that has been around for decades. Perhaps it's the bit of Kentucky in my blood - my Kentucky Papa sure appreciates my love for bluegrass. And I know a couple of my cousins have come to love it too. Some of my favorite bluegrass and truly Southern bands are  
Blue Highway, Amanda Shaw, the Civil Wars duo, Amanda Shires (cast in Country Strong) and Schuyler Fisk.

 I didn't really have much of a direction for this post - so I guess I will close with this sweet song by Schuyler Fisk and Tim Meyers ... Be My Only ...One day, when God has prepared my heart and the heart of the man he has for me, I will be so grateful for the roads I had to travel down to get to where I was meant to be.



xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment