Sunday, February 5

Glass Slippers

Happy Sunday, Y'all!

I'm sad it's the end of the weekend {already} but thankful for a few days to finish being sick and ready to tackle this upcoming week. Goodbye strep throat, ear ache and sinus infection!!

I hope that y'all have had a great weekend - mine was low key but fun... caught up with an old friend & saw a movie, amazingly cleaned inside and outside of my car {!!!!} and wandered around outside yesterday just because it was so lovely. I found myself at the beach just walking and enjoying the day. And then I took a gift card I had and bought a bathing suit. In February. I know, I know ... only in the South!!

Today was church and a Superbowl Party later on. I'm so so thankful for the amazing church God led me to over a year ago. The message by Pastor Russ today was all about
"Catching Boys, Chasing Girls - The Art of Finding & Keeping Your Lifelong Partner" 
Heavy sounding stuff, but it really resounded in my heart ... Pastor made the example to men that it's not always hunting season ... that you should know where you're going and know who you are in Christ before you seek His will for the woman for you. And to women, he talked about leaving "glass slippers" to allow the right man to seek you out, when you also know where you're going in life and who you are in Christ.
As he said, you cannot pursue one man while you're also pursuing all other men. Same goes for men!
One thing that really resounded with me, was the implication that strength & charm play in the whole "game".

Just as Strength is a man's Charm, 
Charm is a woman's Strength. 

This is so true, and knowing that the Holy Spirit will give you guidance when you listen and seek Him, is so real in my life. 

I hope that this quick little blurb  gives you inspiration and hope for that *amazing* partner that's out there for you. And don't forget once you find that potential one, to leave him a glass slipper to let him catch you.

xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment