Wednesday, September 8

Always An East Coast Girl

Well,  I haven't blogged in about a week or so. But *big* changes are coming soon!! 

I'm very excited and blessed to announce that I will be moving back to the East Coast of Florida, and further North ... which means more seasons, cooler weather, and closer to cities I love like Savannah & Charleston. And I'll be a "same-city girlfriend" to the Love Of My Life. We have been long-distance nearly 4 months by the time I move!! :) 


On Labor Day, I interviewed with a family for a full time - live out nanny position. This job is taking care of an adorable and polite (yet, very DIVA-ish) 4 year old little girl, and being a "Mother's Helper" on 1 of the days during the week. This is a Monday-Friday gig, and a tremendous blessing for getting a large pay raise (compared to grueling hours for little pay in Minor League Baseball).  I'm thrilled to have my weekends back to myself and the Handsome Man. I will start there late September, and hope to sign a lease after my sister's wedding week!!  :) 

While in my last post I wrote about my *creative* brain explosions ((too many hours of brain storming + day dreaming led to a lot of motivation to get started on my own business)) ... I wanted to find a way to help others while developing my talents in events ((start small)).
I did a bit of research for children's hospitals in my *New City* & I followed up on how to get involved in them. I am starting to volunteer for one hospital, get to work with pediatric patients who are in long-term hospital settings, and hopefully pass out some business cards to the families who stay there also. My first small-step dream for doing events, is to build birthdays and holiday parties for pediatric patients who have to be hospitalized during a special holiday. I want to alleviate the stresses on the parents, siblings and other family members by just going in and decorating the room, providing cupcakes or cakes , banners, balloons, etc. all in a whimsical - take-me-away dreamy occasion. Every child deserves to have a birthday that's memorable, and if they can't get away, I want my parties to take them elsewhere. If only for a few hours. 
When I mentioned my idea to the Love of My Life, he said that was a great idea ((supportive; as ALWAYS!)) and he wanted to sign up to volunteer with me. I'm excited that I will be using my "free time/ me time" to help others. It's only a few hours a week ... but what a blessing this could be to let God use us to share our happiness with others! 
 I'm very excited, as well, to be joining the Women's Board at one of the hospitals. They host two large events per year, that are known as some of the best cultural fundraisers in the city. I can't wait to make new friends, display my talents with others, and raising money for the hospitals. 

A lot to do once I move and I welcome it all :) 
God is good and He answers prayers! 

xoxo 
 b 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the idea of volunteering @ the hospital! You can sure help brighten a kid's day, too, that doesn't have a mommy or daddy that visits or is able to visit... or hanging on to hold a sweet little one, too.

    But, to add your incredible talent, too? Awesome.

    Very happy for you & proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that wow! You have always been a truly amazing young lady! I am so happy to see you using your talents (and I do mean TALENTS; Your sis' party was C-U-T-E!!) to help those little kids get a true escape from whatever ailments they are facing. You keep your mind your goals and your heart on others and there is no doubt you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Ya'll are wonderful inspiring friends & family :) I'm thrilled to get started with it all!

    ReplyDelete