Thursday, September 9

Lulu's Bridal Shower

In less than 3 weeks, my baby sister is getting married! Crazy how time flies ... seems like just  yesterday I was putting her in a laundry hamper & dragging her down the marble hallways of our house. Or playing "Pocahontas" in our tree house and swings. Or being dressed alike for major holiday parties ((plaid dresses with itchy gold trim... thanks Momma))
         But anywho - we are quickly approaching wedding weekend for Lulu & her Fi Kyle.
 I've been thrilled to be the Maid of Honor and able to provide my creative talents, combined with my mother's, to put on a gorgeous event. While ya'll will have to wait for wedding decor photos, I wanted to share some of my favorite shots from her shower that I hosted (and catered, and designed, and emcee'd!) Held at our home church, we had so many wonderful women attend that have been a part of Lulu's life since she was teeny-tiny in the nursery!

     I wanted her shower to reflect her personality - using bright, bold summer colors. Lulu is not afraid of color!! The smallest details to the cupcake sticks, were all DIY by yours' truly. I incorporated a few vintage pieces, since the couple's new kitchen will be in "retro diner" style. Overall, we had a blast and I can't wait to have another shower / party / wedding to design!
        

Cupcakes in flavors of Orange Creamsicle / Vanilla Frost
Red Velvet / Buttercream Frost, & Pink Lemonade / Lemon Frost











Since her shower was "Around The Clock" I decided to scour thrift stores for old timey clocks. With a couple coats of spray paint in my color scheme - we got an adorable start on the center pieces. I added some tin pails and fresh flowers, all placed on a bright fabric square - really tied it all together! 




Our favours were tins of "retro candy shoppe" goodies ~ Nik'L Nips, Salt Water Taffy, Beejee's gum, tootsie rolls & peppermint melts. All from my favorite local candy store "Candy Kitchen"



To add some color to the drink table, Izze soda's were a no-brainer! Who doesn't love a good ol' fashioned fizzy flavored water? Thrown in a cute galvanized tin tub ... instant glamour!






Mom did a fabulous job of creating little dresses out of our party napkins. 




We all had a wonderful time and I cannot wait til Wedding Week :)

xoxo

b

No comments:

Post a Comment