Friday, September 3

While I Have The Time ...

Dear 6 Little Followers (& all others who have happened upon my page :)

I'm not sure if you're "supposed" to blog twice in one day, but to make up for all the days that I have missed (and the numerous creative musings that I have had to jot in a notebook & forget about until nearly now) ... I am going to post twice today. That's right. I'm a rebel ;) 



So, as most of you know, I work in Minor League Baseball & have been waiting anxiously, for the 10-12 hour workdays to cease. Although, with that comes the ceasing of my overtime and somewhat decent pay. While my job duties are nearing the end, so is my lease on life here in Somewhere Southern on the Gulf. The L.o.m.L (Love of my Life) is in law school in North Florida & I'm anxious to get my heart+head where it needs to be.    
So I'm going on my first interview this holiday weekend, and praying for the best! Meanwhile, since work has slowed, my creative wheels have begun ' a turning! I decided that I will no longer sit back & say "oh ... yes ... my dream job is to one day ...." Now is the opportunity for me to move out of the sports industry and into something I love to do. I've decided that while I take a semi-permanent job in N.Florida, I will put all the "EXTRA" time I've missed out on for 2 years, to good use. I will draw up a business plan, I will run my plan by fellow entrepreneurs.  I will shadow women-owned businesses nearby, ask them questions and pick their brains about what motivated them. I have realized that 80% of my family members are entrepreneurs, either as a full time job or turned a hobby / talent into a profit. I have the drive and I want to take the risks, to get my creative ideas out there. Sure, other people have done what I'm dreaming of doing - but I have something special to bring. And they will love it. 
So, "BRING IT ON WORLD!" as I announced after college graduation.

I'm breaking out of the corporate world. Venturing into my own world. And the world will love my ideas and talents. 
Below is a cool "creativity challenge" from a blog I saw. I'm going to answer the questions and see where it leads me. Maybe you should do the same. Take your hobby and talents & do something with them. Something worth sharing. You can't be scared to go for it :)

           xoxo 
                  b

  1. Write ten things you love.
  2. Write five things you would do if you knew you wouldn’t fail.
  3. Write five alternative lives you would like to live other than your own.
  4. Write four tiny things you can do in the life you have to bring you closer to those imagined lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...those are some heavy questions. Maybe I will get the nerve to answer them myself. Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete