Sunday, February 13

Craftin' til I go Crazy

Hey Ya'll!

Whew, what a Sunday!
Spent the early morning at church and then home to make lunch and piddle around the house a bit.
I started a collage of sorts - for a present to my dear momma ((Mother's Day)), decided to yank out the sewing machine and figure out how to sew a dadburn ruffle onto my flour sack dish towels, and then took myself to the glorious antique mall that's literally 5 minutes from my house (T-R-O-U-B-L-E)
Admittedly, I was going in looking for antique hardware, like that you would hang things with. Find.
Then I was also looking for a biscuit cutter. Find

As always, sparkly things catch my eye and I had been desperate to fancy up my bedroom chandelier.
So, for $10 I snagged a baggy of 12 vintage crystals, all with hooks and the double charm thing'y that hangs. :)

Maybe asking to find some cute vintage buttons would be the big "Find" today. Well, thankfully I got a "1/2 cup for $2" and I was allowed to scoop them out all by myself. Yippee!
Then, after months of searching for it, I found the dresser that would soon be at home in my bedroom. My "Aaa-ha!" moment finally came.
This cute little mahogany high-boy dresser, in its distressed white paint, and VERY in my price range, was mine ALL mine. Being an avid purchaser of furniture, I knew it would fit in the backseat of my car ((you should SEE the pieces I've crammed in there! Quite the talent.)) I browsed a bit more, then headed out the door to pick up my little cute dresser. Since Handsome Man is still out of town, I'm glad that its a light weight dresser, as I was able to take out the drawers and tote it upstairs all by my very own!
Once I had the dresser in place, I was struck by the familiar need of my childhood.... RE-ARRANGE... my brain yelled. My room has been the same for about 6 months ((since I moved here)) & it just didn't suit me with this new dresser. Thus began the process of 4 hours, cleaning out boxes, re-doing the closet shelves, scooting things around, etc. I am happy to show ya'll the new placement of my bed
 under my now-sparkly chandelier, and the sweet little vignette+dresser.

I've been quite the busybee today and loved every stinkin' minute of it! Hope your Sunday was a fun day :)

xoxo

B

2 comments:

  1. How cute! And congrats on getting that dresser in all by yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this chandelier! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete