Saturday, February 12

Islands Recouperation Part I

Hey Ya'll!
Well I made it back from the beautiful island of Providenciales, or Provo. . . where Grace Bay Club hosted me for 6 luscious days. I basked in the 85 degree sun, had a blissful massage on the beach cabana, enjoyed my "work" time with Lil One, and, despite it all I'm glad to be back home. Although I could do with a 20 degree increase in weather here. It's amazing to me how quickly I adjust again to loving shorts and tanktops, and bathing suits from 9A-9P, reeking of suntan lotion and salty air all day long. It won't be too long before we're back into the warmer seasons ... I'm anxiously awaiting them now! ((Remind me please, in August when I'm crying for cooler temps))

I came home only to find that Handsome Man needed to head out of town to be 
with his family at this time. 
Prayers to all. 

My weekend plans shifted and I was probably more productive today than originally planned.
Up at the crack of dawn, I was determined to unpack the luggage and in the process (my attention-span-lacking) - began to overhaul my closet. As quickly as I could, I tossed out clothes I hadn't worn. Or that I wasn't going to wear. Then I shoved all the dark, long-sleeve, woolen clothing into the deepest depths of closet-dom. ((I know, I know, now I have to wander there to get clothes for the next month or so)) It does something to my psyche to see nothing but bright and cheerful colors, tank tops, sundresses and Lilly Pulitzer galore in my closet. What can I say - I'm an easy girl to please :)
The afternoon was spent with my former college roommate, who lives just nearby. We made some cute Valentine'y crafts for our loves and then I came home, only to continue working with the craft bug having bitten me. Before I knew it, I'd whipped out a bunch of "scrapbook style" sweetheart cards to mail to family members.
Then came the bulletin board overhaul. 

I'm not sure about ya'll, but I'm such a visual person and having my goals and crafting projects listed out in my face reallllly keeps me on track :)  As all creative minds are prone to wander, we have to harness eventually, sit down and complete our projects. Besides that, I promised ya'll in my last post that I'd be crafting up a storm and so I know ya'll will hold me to it for pictures (aka: proof!)

Well, it's a quiet Saturday night for me. The bedroom isn't fixed up quite yet from my "unpacking" and "Goodwill pile making" so I am going to fix that up and call it a night. Church is tomorrow morning , which I've missed dearly while being on vacation.

I've taken Monday off from Lil One to fix a gourmet meal /& for Handsome Man & I on our  
Very 1st Valentines Day
What are ya'll doing with your family, friends or loved one? I'll be sure to post pictures from my cooking adventures on Monday.

Enjoy the rest of your LOVEly weekend!

B

2 comments:

  1. Love the update and adore that apothecary jar on the table!! So cute. Can't wait to see pictures and yay for getting stuff outta your closet. It is so refreshing to declutter! Glad you are back safe and glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! It was nice to de-clutter!!! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete