Thursday, February 17

Grocery and Romance ?!

Hey Ya'll ~ 

Whew! What a week this has been... I'm anxiously awaiting Friday afternoon, when I meet a close girlfriend of mine from high school to catch up on life and enjoy some delish food. And a weekend. Of relaxing.

On my recently concluded "Trip Around The State" - which found me in staying in 3 different cities in the span of 24 hours, I ran over hundreds of highways. And I passed numerous billboards. But just one stuck with me. Publix. I've always been a "Publix gal" - since before I knew of such gourmet groceries as Fresh Market & Whole Foods. The billboard simply stated:

"Publix Aprons School: Where Dates Happen"




photo to come: found one of us at Honeymoon Island !! 

As a sucker for trendy, unique packaging and a fresh approach on marketing, this billboard just brought back a super sweet and favorite memory of mine. About a year ago, Handsome Man & I were coming back from a day out at Honeymoon Island, and decided a lovely fresh dinner would be the perfect way to wrap up our date. So we headed to Fresh Market ((I know, you were thinking it would be Publix, but sorry!)) for ingredients.
Perhaps it was the dim lighting, the classical music, the abundance of gorgeously wrapped foods, wines and cheeses ... but either way, I found myself as giddy as a young girl, laughing my way through the isles of the grocer with Him. Then it hit me, we had only been dating for about a month when I realized that everything we did together was MUCH more fun than it had ever been before, prime example of grocery shopping. 
And this was the beginning of it all ((romantic sigh)). My grocery shopping trips have never been the same, week after week, usually on Sundays, we hold hands through the store like the cute little 80 yr old couples you see that make you stop and realize "Love doesn't grow old". Then you smile and carry on with your day. 

For those of you hoping to find a craft, cool blog about a project, or anything OTHER than romantic grocery store jabber, I apologize. Blame it on Publix's fresh take on billboards, but I'm a sucker for a fabulous grocery trip with my very own Handsome Man. Hope you find a smile in a something simple this weekend.
xoxo
B

1 comment: