Sunday, November 20

Marshmallow World

Hey Y'all! 

I'm hoping you've all done your Thanksgiving grocery shopping and are ready for some delicious treats this Thursday! My mom's side of the family did our Thanksgiving a little bit early, as we had some of our sweet extended family in town :) No worries though, I'll get to do double-dipping and celebrate again on Thursday with dad's side! 
Since it's closer to Thanksgiving now, I feel I can appropriately discuss Christmas decor, treats and all the beauty that accompanies it! 

Tonight I went with my mom to listen to her accompany this amazing singing group led by Opera singer, Mark Baker. He performed at the NY Metropolitan Opera back in his day and is now leading a beautiful group to sing Christmas shows around town. 

One of my most favorite fun winter songs that was sung is "Marshmallow World" -- you know the one, "...It's a marshmallow world in the winter, when the snowflakes cover the ground ..."{be glad you can't hear me singing!} 

Of course, the creative wheels start turning and I thought ...

           "What a fun idea for a girls Christmas get-together?!?"

Y'all know I throw an annual winter / girls night / Victoria's Secret fashion show watch party - & I think that this year's party might have to include the fashion show, baking, decorating and packaging sweet goodies, and feature a fabulous dessert + bubbly table -- all in the name of Marshmallow World!! {since it probably won't be a white, snowy holiday here ..just a guess!}
 
Snowflake Cakes!
snowflake cookies







Wouldn't it be divine to spend an evening in with the gals, making some of these treats?? 
And then give them all away to friends, family and co-workers! 





The holidays are the best time to show off your Domestic Diva side! 

 Speaking of being a Domestic Diva - have y'all ever made Homemade Marshmallows??
Imagine opening a neatly wrapped package to reveal these from-scratch yummies ...

Get the recipe at www.ourbestbites.com


 So now we've got the treats covered, time to mull over winter / Christmas decorations. I'm one that enjoys my frosty decor through January {basically until it's time to decorate for Mardi Gras +/or Valentine's Day - whichever you do!}

Here are some fabulous and inexpensive ways to keep your home frosty through December --

gather pinecones + spray a few white or gold!



faux fruit + spray glitter

















white and cream cozy yarn balls scream "Winter"

pinecones+ribbon for a cozy window




















I think that's all I have for y'all tonight! Thanks for keeping up with me & I'll be sure to bring you more DIY decorating and gift ideas the closer we get to Christmas! In the mean time, enjoy your Thanksgiving with loved ones and give thanks for all you're blessed with.

xo
B


No comments:

Post a Comment