Wednesday, January 11

3 Day Office Make-Over

Hey Y'all!

Happy Wednesday & half-way to the weekend!! I must say, this Wednesday has been the best one in a while - not only did I get word that I was chosen for a great health non-profit organization {event coordinator} but the roomie {A} and I finished up our office / craft room / home to Sugar Bean Event Studio!!!

A&B's Creative Space 
The room, formerly a mish-mash of computers, parts, surf boards {don't ask} and empty boxes, we spent last Saturday hauling out boxes, clearing out old junk and bringing in plastic totes {full of seasonal decor} into the closet. It started there. Next, we decided that the L shaped desk was perfect for us to share! With our laptops in hand, we created a really eclectic desk that somehow flows with both of our styles. {A} hung her FSU diploma, which has motivated me to get mine out of the paper envelope it's been in {3 years now} and find a frame to hang on the wall. You would think after all the hard work at school, I would want to proudly display that piece of expensive paper ;)

Sugar Bean Event Studio - Humble Home















So, our bookcase is divided up into RN books, intellectual reading, fun books and miscellaneous crafting supplies. The pink and black boxes are from the Target $1 Spot and {A} made great labels for them. Scrapbooking paper, supplies, stickers and my binders full of event ideas, recipes, etc. make up the bottom part of the bookcase.


My DIY Chalkboard
 Last fall, I recovered my bulletin board with some burlap, ribbon and rick-rack... I added two cute floral tags that say "Bills To Pay" and "Paid -->File" to categorize my bills. In the middle, are receipts to watch for as they post in my online banking. {A} wanted a cute board too, so she covered hers in ribbon, burlap and I made her a precious monogram with "bows" dividing up her bills due / paid. I think it came out really precious!!!
A's Bulletin Board & Work Station

Our walls are full of cute projects, FSU memo board, photos and a ribbon holder. We realized tonight that we should probably start taking pictures together so we actually have frames with us in them!

{A} was great at helping celebrate my recent job offer - we scurried off to P.F. Changs for dinner & a walk around the outdoor mall. It's getting cool outside again and I'm hoping it will stick around for a bit!
I think next weekend we will journey off to College Town USA {where we spent four glorious years} together ... it was already in the plans and we realized it would be a great weekend for us to both be out of our BigCity ...

That's all I have for now y'all - I'm going to enjoy my last week + 1/2 of not working. I've got some party stuff to work on for a client's son's 1st birthday party and {A} and I are recovering {after ripping apart, gently.. to save the pattern} her bedroom chair. She found fabric at JoAnn's and I've convinced her we can make it over. I'm so glad to have a crafty roommate!!!

xo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment