Monday, January 23

Dual-Post from {A} and B

Hey Y'all!

I've made it through my first day back at work. While my "vacation" was just over 2.5 months, you'll never be fully prepared for the overwhelming nature of a first day at a new job.

This past weekend was fabulous - the first chapter in our "Roomie Roadtrip".  {A} and I had such a grand time in Tallahassee  - walking around campus {literally, we walked the entire campus...and wondered how we did such a thing multiple times a day, usually in 90 degree weather while trying to make it to class on time}... we marveled over the ever changing landscape of FSU and probably sounded like "old people" to the students we passed. At one point, {A}said
"At least we're not parents
... as we walked by a couple with their daughter, clearly visiting her for the weekend. 
She's right, at least we're not that old.

We tooled around town to all of my favorite shops and, much to my surprise, there are several new little boutiques that have opened in the nearly 3 years I've not been back {shame. I know} A and I did really good at stopping each other from buying miscellaneous cute things that we didn't really need {amazing} and she truly is amazing at dealing with my precious obsession of anything monogrammed, pink, green, Lilly or preppy-chic in anyway. Miss A caved and got herself a Lilly reusable travel cup with a fabulous monogram on it. I gave her full permission to blame me for any future monogramming tendencies. As Reese Witherspoon put it "It it ain't moving, I'll monogram it." And y'all, that is just fabulous!
        From my slippers to my sheets, purses to parasols - the right man will just think it's "oh-so-me!"


That brings me to a funny conversation {one of many} from our trip this weekend... the glory of a truly Southern Gentleman. 
When I mentioned that the most recent ex-beau of mine had never shot a gun - A simply stated:
  "Oh no. That wouldn't have worked." 

Simple Southern gal fact: You can't have shot more guns than your beau. 

So, we decided I should write a post about just how Southern Mister Right will be... 
here's what I've got for y'all! 


  1. He owns a bowtie, or two, or would at least be willing to don one for special occasions.
  2. Darlin's shot a shotgun, doesn't have to own them - but can take a girl to the range & teach her.
  3. He knows just the right amount of sugar to go in sweet tea.
  4. He knows a lift isn't just for bench-pressing.
  5. Y'all can share your subscription to Garden&Gun.
  6. Mister Right can wear camo, but it's season only coincides with deer season. Then it's gone.
  7. He hugs your grandma and your Momma, and can trade stories with your Daddy and papa.
  8. Darlin' man respects Sunday traditions: First comes God, then comes Football.
  9. His values are in the right places - He loves God, his family and his Belle.
  10. Mister Right can get down and dirty, but can clean up to be shown off without any doubts!
There you've got it - our first co-written blog post from {A}+B! Have a great week y'all!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love y'alls list about Mr. Southern Right! He must own a bow tie or two and love his family--SO important!

    P.S. Cute blog! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete