Friday, January 6

Carnival Is Here


 

Hey Y'all!!

It's a beautiful, sunny and crisp {not cold} day here in my BigCity! It's also the Day of Epiphany, which is the 12th day after Christmas and the beginning of Carnival season... around these parts, that means the Christmas decorations are coming down {most are already down} and up goes the *gold * green * & *purple* for Mardi Gras!


I've never really been a fan of Valentine's day decor - as pink never seemed to match my house, but the foyer and front door are "Valentine's" ready now, as are the kitchen towels. Apparently in one of my 3 moves in the past year, the Mardi Gras wreath didn't make the cut - which is alright because it gives me an excuse to make another one. I've got scads of beads and baubles from my last official MG trip to New Orleans back in college, so I think I'll use some of those to decorate with as well.




Not sure that I've blogged since 2012 so, how was y'all's New Years? 

Mine was an unexpectedly quiet one, filled with family - although it wasn't originally planned, I enjoyed it nonetheless! New Year's Day was welcomed with my toes in the sand on the gorgeous beaches that are home.


I'm in the midst of Christmas decor and organizing for the office space / spare room that the roomie & I share, so I must be off to get some of this mess cleared up! Have a great weekend!

xoxo
B



No comments:

Post a Comment