Wednesday, August 3

Craving.

Hey Y'all -
Everyone should know that when any girl is craving chocolate, you just don't get in her way!! If at all possible, you take her precious self to the store {or score big by offering to just go get it for her} and get whatever it is she wants. This is one time to never mutter the word "Calories".

And I'm a gal that loves chocolate, in nearly every shape and form... so I thought I would share with you just two of my favorite recipes that can cure any craving for sweets! Read on, but please, don't blame me for the sudden sugar high from that first bite...& yes, currently struggling with a chocolate craving, that is some kind'a bad!

Mrs. Wanda's Chocolate Chip Pie 
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 stick of margarine, melted
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 c. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
  • 3/4 c. pecans
  • 1/2 c. coconut {I don't usually add it}
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 ready made pie crust {or use your Grannie's recipe, but I don't give out mine!}
Pre-heat oven to 350. Blend the sugar, flour, margarine and eggs. Stir in the rest. Pour in pie crust and bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy & Share It With Friends :) 


Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - 
We're talkin' *serious* chocolate!!! 
  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temp
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 & 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. each baking soda, baking powder, & salt 
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips *we use Ghiradelli special dark around here*
  • 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
Pre-heat to 350. Cream butter+sugar, add egg+vanilla. Slowly add pre-mixed dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. Fold in chips at the end. Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls & bake for about 12 minutes. Grab a big ol' glass of milk to wash these down with!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, girl. It's 110 degrees during the day here this week, I have no desire to turn on my oven. But now I'm not sure I can resist the temptation to make that pie. Darn you! Lol!

    ReplyDelete