Tuesday, August 23

Pie Pops - Why Not ??

Happy Tuesday Y'all ~ 

I'm bloggin' about sweets again today, so if you're on a diet, I wouldn't suggest reading any further!
Just kidding! 
You can always follow my rule of 
"Bake It & Take It"

This is where you can enjoy one or two samples {okay, sometimes that's 3-4 cookies or 1-2 babycakes} before you take your dessert to a get-together. Simply important because you don't want to 
  1. Unknowingly bake something nasty or tasteless
  2. Offend your host/ hostess by not eating your own goodies
  3. Swear it's a favorite when you've never made it before
 Simplest rules of party-attendee manners. 

Now I'm all off track - sweets. That's the topic today. And not just any sweets, but a good ol' fashion Americana favorite ...
Pie

There are obviously endless types of pies, but that's neither here nor there. 
I'm taking an old fashioned favorite and giving it new life. A fresh look on pie, if you will. 
A few years ago, "Cake Pops" became all the dessert-table rage. I mean, Red Velvet cake pops, Cheesecake cake pops, Pudding cake pops, Birthday Cake cake pops. For. Real. Y'all. 
Yours truly hasn't ever ventured in to making cake pops, mostly because the opportunity hasn't come along where I thought "let me experiment and if these fall apart then it's okay because I have plenty of time to re-make something totally from scratch." It just doesn't work like that around here! 

Now, pie pops, are a lot easier. And absolutely more cute than a cake pop {in my opinion}. 
Let's look at some of the prettiest pies in town .... 
Created by Me at B H L D N


 Now believe me, these are pretty simple to make. Think *tiny*. 

For the general "pie crust" you will need ...
  • 1 3oz Cream Cheese
  • 1/4 C. softened butter
  • 1+1/4 C. flour
  • Water
The goal here is to whip the butter and cream cheese together until fluffy, slowly mixing in flour. Add water as needed to make the pastry cling together.  Chill pastry for 1 hour.Cut into circles, put through the mini cupcake paper, and place in freezer for 20 minutes. Remove and immediately bake at 325* for 10 minutes.
 As far as the fillings go, you can use apple, punpkin, strawberry, cherry, blueberry, raspberry, lemon ... really your possibilities are endless! Be sure to fill enough of the crust to where it's "puffy" when you add the 2nd shell. Don't forget to insert the lolly stick into them when they're cooled. 

I think I'll need to make these for our next get-together! 



xoxo
B

 

No comments:

Post a Comment