Thursday, August 11

Re-Cap!

Hey Y'all!

I haven't posted since Monday & it feels like a longgg time has gone by since then!
I'm now semi-settled back in my BigCity home, took a few days and still getting a hang of everything that is going on at work {loves coming in at "busy season" for events}. I feel brain-dead like after your first day of school after summer break!

Well to catch y'all up - a HUGE thank you to my amaaaazing family and friends who were able to move me on Monday. Obviously I'd still be unloading the Uhaul without you guys!

Tuesday was orientation at work and going for a pee-test during our lunch break. Big fun now. I was in orientation with 3 other girls around the same age as myself, so that was nice. And found out that it's a very small world :) lots of "2 degree connections"! Orientation was mostly boring, and didn't apply much to me. The other 3 girls are family life counselors and I'm over in "party planning" so my foreal orientation was today with my boss David. He's awesome, very relaxed, likes to joke around and said over and over again, that we have to have FUN at work, or else everyone gets too stressed and it just doesn't work! My "other half" we'll call her "m-girl" is awesome and funny and certainly supportive thus far! She works primarily with on-site events and tours, lots of face time and recruiting volunteers, as well as handling some of the bigger campaigns. I do most of the press releases, promotional design, and special events for 2 of our larger annual events.
Tomorrow is "Casual Friday" and we can wear NFL team apparel. I wonder if I can wear my NFL apparel although it won't be supporting "our city" team!? ;)

Last night was the first night Handsome Man has been in town since I moved here, so he took me to dinner at Ted's Montana Grille {yum!!} and we walked around the outdoor mall. It was so nice to just be able to relax together again :) He's traveling this weekend, before school starts on Monday. One last hooray!

I'm not sure of my weekend plans, but I am itching to sell that Hoosier cabinet I have in my living / dining room. And then put that money towards buying a couch or a TV. Not sure which I should get first!? ;)
Well y'all- sorry this has been a tad different from my other posts, but not really in the creative mindset just yet {not settled enough!!}. Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend !

xo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment