Wednesday, August 17

Spell It Out Loud !

Hey Y'all!

You must forgive me, I'm back to workin' full time and my creativity hasn't had much of a chance to flourish in the past few days {hence no blog posts} ... I was really proud of myself in my stint of unemployment / "summer vacation" for all the blogging I did. I suppose one day when I'm retired I will be a super-creative-old-lady :)

So, I'm back to work & definitely learning a lot these days. The non-profit I'm working for is just even more amazing than I could have imagined, and seeing faces to the stories I've heard makes all that I do, worthwhile.
I've been there a week but I can see already how some of the employees have been there for 15-30 years and still love it! I thank God for this job and am so glad it's a fit!

Now on to the creative stuffs - y'all might or might not know, but I am kinda a big fan of board games. Isn't every 80s baby?? I mean, we didn't have cable or MTV until later in our lives {at least in my parents household we didn't} so the hours whiled away playing games and actually interacting with each other.
And that is something that I'm really glad Handsome Man and I enjoy doing together. At first, we were "Yahtzee'r's" but then I bought him "Farkle" in his Easter basket and we are now "Farklers". And the trend spread to his family, and mine, and well, we should probably teach everyone to Farkle :)

Getting sidetracked - so I love board games. And I love the creative second life that you artsy people out there can give to old pieces of games. Most commonly, I just love those scrabble tiles. Maybe it was the hour long Scrabble matches at my Mama and Papa's house with cousins while growing up, each of us having our own Tupperware "colored cup" for the summer - and my endless losing at the game {in all fairness, I was the youngest until Lulu came along}.

I have seen some really creative uses for the actual Scrabble tiles, and then some cute replica pieces to use in parties, around the house, in art, at weddings ... here are some of my favorites!

   
Uhm, How Could You Say No??
  
Well Suited For The Above Photo !



Loving the PinWheels & Scrabble to Celebrate!

   
I Could Nap For That!
   
Cute Little Decor Accessories!

Alright y'all - I've got to get a decent night of sleep and I'm so looking forward to the weekend, where I'll get to spend time with Handsome Man, friends, and relax!!!

Be A Blessing To Someone Tomorrow! 

xo
b

No comments:

Post a Comment