Saturday, August 6

Tying Up Loose Ends

Whew! Y'all - I have been some kinda busy these last few days! No matter that it's the weekend, it turns out this is my last weekend living back at home with my wonderful, sweet, loving family + it's back to my BigCity on Monday.
Momma & I road-tripped on Friday to find an apartment for me - which I had easily made appointments to see each by the priority they stood in my "likes" category. Amazingly enough, God had just let it work out that the first place we stopped, was my favorite {from online photos and reviews}, and had just been made available that morning from a law student who had chosen to attend a school elsewhere. They had the apartment ready for her on Monday, the 8th, which worked out perfectly for when I needed to move up, attend orientation for work, and get settled in to life. After a quick tour of the actual apartment I'll be moving in to, we signed paperwork, turned in funds, and checked off one very big "To Do" from our list.
Then it was all fun & games. We had lunch at a local Italian / pizzeria, scored some cute little knobs from Anthropologie {for the trash-dump-treasure entertainment center}, checked out & scored at Pottery Barn, and then went along our merry way back to my Hometown.
Once back home, it was back to finishing up {quickly, now} the projects I had leisurely started.

  • The dresser / entertainment center got her final coat of paint on the top and her accessories {knobs&faceplates} painted. The DVD drawers were lined with scrapbook paper & modpodged to stay.
ModPodge Drawers
Dresser+Baskets, Missing Cabinet Door


  • The 3 small canvas sea-life prints I had started, had to be finished up.
 
Free Hand Acrylic Paintings by Moi!


  •  The bronze wall decor had to be painted.
 
Before    
After


  • $7 Ikea Lazy Susan Facelift
Getting Her Stripes On
   
Finished Lazy Susan + All New DIY/+New Fabric

Whew! And most of that, y'all, was done today. I just haven't stopped.Then Lulu {sister} & Chief {her husband} came by the house & we all went out to eat and visited back home. I'll really miss being only 40 minutes from Lulu. She's a lot of fun :)

Oh, and I went to my Mama and Papa's house to score Mama's old soon-to-be-curb'd computer desk and a white plastic drawer storage bin thing. {photo+DIY project to come}

I'm tired just thinking about it all!

More info within the next few days... for now, I need to finish going through boxes of "stuff", re-packing my clothes {didn't I justttt do this??} and get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow Dad & StepDad will load up the U-Haul. We leave Monday.

....It's sort of bittersweet. I came home knowing it was temporary, and it ended up just being the perfect "summer vacation" - bettering myself, my health, my relationships with family... overall, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to start fresh this fall. I feel rejuvinated, my faith has grown stronger, and I'm more prepared than ever before, to face what is to come.

xo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment