Sunday, August 21

Southern Gal Seeking Fall

Hey Y'all!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend thus far ~ mine has been relaxing and enjoyable with a bit of browsing the mall, a Tarjet run, get together with friends & such... nothing out of the ordinary and sometimes you really just need a weekend like that!

I know we're still a month + 2 days away from the "Official First Day of Fall" - and yes, it's still a blazing 97 degrees here with 110% humidity, but I'm already dreaming of cooler days and wardrobe changes. Football games that are enjoyable outdoors and decorating for fall!

North Georgia in October ~ Heavenly!

As I was wandering the mall yesterday, I found myself in the shoe department of {sadly} the only decent department store in this BigCity... and although I was there primarily to scoop up the cute Sperry Topsider sandals from this summer {thank you patience, now at 50%off!}
Finally Can Stop Wearing My $10 Tarjet Sandals with ZERO support!!!


I just couldn't help but look longingly at the first shipment of boots to arrive. {mind you - wearing shorts+tanktop and still too hot} I couldn't even bring myself to try a pair on {boots+shorts}.

But I know this fall I will have to break down and buy a pair of boots. For the past 5 years I had an awesome pair of suede black knee-high boots and they served me well, even traipsing around NYC  at one point. But then they bit the dust. So now comes the difficult part - black or brown? Heeled or flat? Leather or Suede? Honestly, I have the hardest time buying boots because they're such an investment and you wear them maybe 3 months out of the year. All griping aside, I do need a pair. And at 5 foot barely 2 inches, I tend to look dwarf'y in a boot that is higher than mid-calf with no heel. It's just a fact of life.
So here are my top choices for fall - 




In search of fall, I'm also in search of my beloved Burberry jacket that I purchased a couple years ago. Amidst all of the moving, I've yet to find it & quite frankly, that worries me!!!! Maybe it's still packed up in the winter stuff that is shoved under my bed ... hoping so!

Handsome Man's Ma sent him a care package this past week that included a Pumpkin Butter candle. Heavenly. I seriously can't resist fall scents, and just when will Starbucks roll out those Pumpkin Scones and PSL's?? {Pumpkin Spice Lattes} ... well the company is actually running a promo on their Facebook Fan Page to determine which city loves PSL's the most, and that city will get the fall menu ONE WEEK EARLIER than the rest of the country!! The fall menu is available to every location on September 6th. Y'all, that is only 16 days from now!


What's your favorite fall item? When do you start to decorate for fall? I promise I'm trying my best to take life day-by-day, but all this girl wants is some cooler weather!!

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday! 

xo
B

1 comment: