Tuesday, July 12

A Classic Combination

Hey Y'all!

Ya ever just get the itch to decorate??
While being in transition and not having a place of my own to decorate right now, it's been tough on my creativity! So I decided to sit a while and really search for what I loved in elements of decorating for my future home. I know that I want a more minimalistic feel, without being stuffy or overly modern. I do love me some quality upholstered pieces, fabulous drapery, and the like, but I want to create a clean, crisp and cozy feeling all at once. And my go-to color combination has been blue+white. Literally, for 14 years!

When I was in the sixth grade, I was given the opportunity to re-do my room. Mom was excited and I sure was too! I picked out light blue and white gingham check wallpaper, with a yellow, white and blue flowered border {looking back, I had a pretty good eye, even for being young!} It was the beginnings of my love for all things home-decor! {that, and the hundreds of antique stores I was dragged around in, now I can't stay away!}

So, when I picture my dream house {well, one version....there's quite a few bouncing around in my head}
it's somewhat like the inspiration board I've created below. I love the softness of the upholstered couch, the presence of the drapes, the custom headboard for a guest room, the more modern headboard in the master bedroom, antique pieces scattered here & there, the vignettes set up on the shelves and in cabinets make a statement without being cluttered, and the color flow throughout the "house". Maybe one day, in my next home, or my more permanent home, this will be my starting point :)
   
Created By Me @ B H L D N

Sweet Dreams of Decorating!

xo
b

4 comments:

  1. I love your inspiration board. Sometimes a transition period is good because you have time to hone in on exactly the look you want for your next space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like starting them young. :P I can't say I was ever given the opportunity to redecorate my room, a wise decision though, as I can't say that I'm talented in the interior decoration department.

    Most of my ideas for my dream house are just feelings and I'll only know if a property has it by going there. I want enough room to breath but no so much that my breathing echoes. And I'd also like to have the house standing on its own little bit of land, the way that a lot of American and Canadian houses do. I'm not a recluse but I could live without your neighbours being right on top of you. But the house valuation on completely detached properties here is really high and it's not going to happen any time soon.

    More realistically, I'm going to have a massive brick barbecue, a power shower and a dandelion growing in a pot. Hopefully, I'll have a few more ideas down the line but those three are absolute certainties. :)

    ReplyDelete