Friday, July 22

Creative Friday

Hey Y'all!

Thank Goodness It's Friday - right?? I mean, I'm not currently working so I didn't have to "earn" my weekend, but you don't need a reason to enjoy a Friday!

The day started off in creative mode - dropped my little car "Audrey" off to get her air conditioning fixed and then Momma & I ran off to JoAnn's to browse. I found 3 out of the 4 fabrics I had been looking for to go in the new living room {soon to come!!!} and now I'm only missing the "pop" fabric, which needs to be a tangerine / orange color. I ran in to my aunt and one of my cousins there also, always a fun surprise since I'm not used to living here and having that opportunity! My little cousin was taking a summer Wilton Cake Decorating class and using fondant! Guess I'd better get on the ball to sign up for my class soon or she will be opening up a sweet shoppe before me :)
So, then the day took us around town to a few random thrift stores and Momma found a cute little tan and cream checkered pillow {$1.50} for her breakfast nook room {which now has no wallpaper and all new orange peel / drywall...primer and paint coming soon!!} Last night she ordered the PBarn curtains & rug so we knew what color scheme we wanted to work with - neutrals!!
Once home, we got to crafting ~ the drywall guys were working hard and so were we. First up, wrapping some bottles in random neutral fabrics and trims ... these will replace the {dead} herb plants in Momma's garden window. The curtains will be the statement so we decided whatever went in the window, would need to be very minimalistic.
  • Here is the process 
  • Tacky glue
  • Foam craft brush
  • Various trims from craft store
  • Various neutral and textured fabrics
Step 1 - brush on tacky glue in a very thick layer





Step 2 - we wrapped this Ball jar in a scrap of fabric purchased for $1, it has a cream knit pattern in it, and wrapped the top cuff in trim as well as the bottom layer.






This little jug came from G'ma W's house in Ohio. It's old and really cute, so instead of covering everything, we just added some braided trim in tan and cream to the neck.















Now, this trim, ohmygoodness !!! Definitely glad we had a 40% off coupon so we could get several yards, but up close it's tiny rosettes made from the softest cream fabric, all stitched onto the simple trim. It's sooo girly and kind of really fabulous!The bottle is nothing fancy, just a Nantucket Nectar juice bottle!




Finished product, 3 adorable jars with maybe some more to come as we find jars and bottles that have a good shape. There's plenty of trim left over and the window could probably hold 5 bottles without looking overwhelmed!



Well, the weekend doesn't hold too many things for me ~ mostly going to start tackling my entertainment center-to-be, and then next week, Momma and I will be taking on the hoosier cabinet. Our goal is to get the biggest pieces of furniture done before I move back to my Big City!

Hope y'all have a wonderful and fun weekend!
                   Be with the ones you love!!
                                       
                                      xo
                                                                                                       B

No comments:

Post a Comment