Wednesday, July 20

When In Doubt ...

Hey Y'all! 
Happy Wednesday to you :)

This has been quite a busy week so far, I've been to&fro to my "big city" once already for a job interview, and now I get the pleasure of taking the trip, yet again today. I cannot complain though, because hopefully before too long my prayers will be answered and God will provide, as he always does.

I have a new love, and it's Pinterest!!! Have y'all discovered Pinterest?? If not, then you need to pop on over there & get yourself an account! It's slightly addicting, a way to build up all sorts of ideas and Do-It-Yourself projects, and all kinds of goodies!! I had to share this poster {across} because I feel like it's "me".

 If I have a bad day, a rough time, or just get stressed out, just let me alone in the kitchen with my cute Cath Kidston aprons and my KitchenAid mixer to do my thang!
The next chance I get to bake, I'll surely be teaching myself some new recipes ... currently I'm obsessing over these "cupcake jars" 
                     
 
I mean really, forget neat & tidy icing presentations, cut the babycake in halfsies - bottom, frosting, top, frosting, sprinkles & put a lid on it! And the more colorful and messy they are, the more I love them!!
Also, should probably try to expand my horizons on quick breads and sweet loafs ... love the idea of a lemon loaf / sweet bread ... of course, wrapped in some Bakers Twine from The Twinery

And, one dessert I've been meaning to make {figure out, fail 3 or 4 times, and finally succeed} is a Tiramisu. Afterall, it's Handsome Man's favorite dessert {okay, he has about 20 "favorite desserts" but this one has been mentioned slightly more than the chocolate ganache torte at Whole Foods, so it must top his list} I wonder if my Tiramisu could be so pretty ...

Surely, with practice {& lots of practice eating} I could weigh 500lbs master the skill??
I'll need to find the appropriate recipes first - always a trial+error process. If ya'll have a great recipe, pass it along!
I'm off for now ~ sweet dreams of confectionery treats!!

xo
 b

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I am loving Pinterest! So many cute ideas, and such a great way to catalog them all! Your blog is adorable! (and I, too, love white kitchens. Can't wait to re-do ours!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Celeste! I enjoy reading about your adventures with your cute3 :) Hope you're surviving summer!

    ReplyDelete