Sunday, July 17

Furniture Updates

Hey Y'all! 

Sunday is here & I finally got started on some of my furniture projects! There was a really nice breeze out {impending clouds with rain} and I grabbed the chair & sanding block and got to it! An hour later, the varnish was off & her edges were smoothed over.



Here are the plans for the soon-to-be entertainment center ... going to require some power tool usage - thankfully I have my step-dad around to help with instructing me! I really can't wait to pick out hardware for her - I'll have to wait til she's all done to see what "goes" with it! The two drawers on the top {either side} will hold board games, Yahtzee, Farkle {have you discovered this game??? Holy Moly Fun!}, Wii remotes, etc.
I know the baskets will just hit me when I see them - but we're going to need 8 of them, so unfortunately I think the PBarn baskets I love, are outta the question!! These can hold magazines, books, remotes, etc.


 Now here is the inside of the cabinet in the center, she holds 3 drawers, 1 of which we're taking out & adding a flat shelf for the DVD player and cable box. Then we're going to have to drill a hole for wires in the back ... to keep it from overheating!
The drawers have some hideous paper lining in them which I want to remove and maybe replace with a Mod Podge covered fabric {something fun & funky!} or maybe some old book pages covered over with Mod Podge.

Going to be saving for a medium {girl-sized} flat screen TV to be on top here, with some accessories / vases / photo frames on either side of it to personalize it! And we're going grey with her! I have a coupon to any Benjamin Moore retailer for 2 free pint size jars of any paint ~ so might be able to score some of {or all} the paint for free! whoo-hoo!





And last but not least, I had to show y'all this little plastic {yes, great faux look} frame, she was an ugly gold color and I took at her with Krylon Heirloom White. Not sure what I'll do with it, but one day I'll figure it out!

xo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment